Chicken Breast Sauté Puttanesca-Style
Prep time: 18 min Cook time: 15 min Serves: 4 Difficulty: Easy
2 spray(s) cooking spray
1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
2 tsp unsalted butter
3 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
10 medium olive(s), black, sliced
1 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained, chopped
14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Slip the chicken into the skillet and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and continue cooking just until the chicken is cooked through, and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of one chicken breast registers 165°F, about 3 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet and add the garlic and red pepper flakes; stir over the heat for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the olives and capers; pour in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and simmer slowly until just slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet; cook until just warmed through, about 2 minutes. Yields 1 chicken breast and about 1/3 cup sauce per serving.