By Amy Gorin, MS, RDN
It’s that time of year when so many amazing fresh fruits and vegetables are in season! I love bringing a small bag of mango slices with me to the beach or snacking on crudité poolside. And these fresh offerings inspire snack hacks, too, when you can add lots of flavor for minimal SmartPoints® value! Fruits and vegetables offer filling fiber, and most are 0 SmartPoints value on the Weight Watchers food plan. Here are a few of my favorite recent ideas:
1. Mango with chili powder: I first tried this combo from a street food vendor in New York City. It is so delicious! Per 1 cup mango + a sprinkle of chili powder: 0 SmartPoints value
2. Roasted Vegetables: Think roasted veggies are just for meals? They make a great snack, too. This easy recipe combines summer squash with bell pepper, zucchini, red onion, and artichokes — and cooks quickly. Per ¾ cup: 0 SmartPoints value
3. Crudité with guacamole: I’m really loving sliced radishes and cucumbers right now, but you can pair any combo of veggies with guacamole for a veggie-filled snack. Per 1 cup sliced veggies + 2 tablespoons homemade guacamole: 1 SmartPoints value
4. Grilled Tropical Fruit Kebobs: Heating fruit brings out its natural sweetness. This recipe pairs pineapple, mango, and banana with ginger and a little bit of rum! Per 2 small kabobs: 3 SmartPoints value
5. Frozen banana slices: This is one of my favorite treats when I want a dessert sans added sugar. I simply peel the banana, slice it, and freeze it in a zip-close plastic bag. Per 1 banana: 0 SmartPoints value
What are your favorite summer snack hacks? Tell me on Connect @amy_gorin!
Read more posts from The Eat List.