There’s a lot of scary info out there about borderline diabetes, but don’t let it defeat you. Weight Watchers will help you take back control and keep diabetes at bay.
- Borderline diabetes is prediabetes.
- 9 out of 10 people don’t know they have it.
- If you do have it, you also have an increased risk of type 2 diabetes, heart attack, and stroke.
- Without a change in lifestyle, 15 to 30% of prediabetic people will develop type 2 diabetes in 5 years.
- But research shows that even after 10 years, people who completed a diabetes prevention lifestyle change program (like Weight Watchers) were one-third less likely to develop type 2 diabetes.
Increasing your activity and reducing your weight can help prevent borderline diabetes, and that’s what Weight Watchers is all about. You’re in the right place.
Visit cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention for more information.