Do each exercise for 45 seconds in the order below, resting for 15 seconds between moves. That’s 1 round; complete 4 or 5 rounds.
1. Band crunch
- Anchor the resistance band around a sturdy object (like a heavy furniture leg) and lie faceup, feet pointing away from it, knees bent, and feet on floor.
- Grasp a handle in each hand, palms facing each other, and bend elbows 90 degrees, aligning them over shoulders; pull belly button toward spine.
Curl shoulder blades up, bringing elbows toward knees. Repeat.
Make it harder: Raise your hips as you lift your shoulders.
2. Toe touch
- Stay in the band crunch position (see previous) and extend arms toward ceiling.
- Extend right leg straight up as you reach left hand toward right toes.
Return to the start position and repeat on opposite side, extending left leg and reaching with right hand. Continue, alternating sides.
Make it harder: Begin with both legs extended and keep them extended the entire time.
3. Tabletop reach
- Get on all fours facing the anchored band, shoulders aligned over wrists, hips over knees. Grasp both handles with right hand, palm facing floor.
- Extend right arm at shoulder height in front of you and left leg behind you at hip height, toes toward the floor.
- Rotate right palm to the left and bend elbow as you crunch left knee toward right elbow.
- Extend left leg and right arm to starting position; repeat for 45 seconds. Switch to opposite side.
4. Plank combo
- Get in a push-up position, shoulders aligned over wrists, and legs extended behind you.
- Bring right knee toward right elbow, return it to starting position; bring left knee toward left elbow, return it to starting position.
Walk feet toward your hands, wide apart, then stand or jump up. Place hands on floor in front of you, jump feet back to start position, and repeat.
Make it harder: Do a jumping jack each time you stand.
RELATED: 30-day plank challenge
Before starting any new exercise routine, make sure to check in with your doctor.