- 125 g Plain White Flour, plain white
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
- 300 ml Skimmed Milk
- 4 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- 400 g Carrots, raw, sliced
- 300 g Broccoli, raw, broken into florets
- 200 g Green Beans, fine, trimmed
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 g Mushrooms, (100g) sliced
- 1 medium Onion(s), chopped
- 4 teaspoons, level Gravy granules, dry, use vegetable gravy granules
- 1 pinch Salt, and black pepper, freshly ground
Put the flour, salt, egg and milk into a large mixing bowl. Beat together all at once, using a wire whisk or hand-held electric mixer. Let the mixture stand for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/210°C/fan oven 190°C.
Put the oil into 4 Yorkshire pudding tins (with a diameter of 10-12cm) and heat in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until very hot. Pour the batter into the tins and return to the oven as quickly as possible. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and golden brown. Avoid opening the oven door until 20 minutes have elapsed.
Meanwhile, cook the carrots in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes, and the broccoli and green beans for 5-6 minutes. To make the mushroom and onion gravy, mist a saucepan with low fat cooking spray and add the mushrooms and onion, cooking over a low heat until softened. Add 300 ml water. Heat until simmering, then stir in the gravy granules. Cook gently until thickened, then simmer over a very low heat until the rest of the meal is ready. Season to taste.
Serve the Yorkshire puddings with the vegetables and gravy.