Warm lentil salad with feta
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Whatever the weather, this salad combines warm and cold ingredients that will never go out of season.
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 clove(s), crushed
Vinegar, All Types
1½ tablespoons, (use balsamic)
40 g, crumbled
12 individual, halved
- Finely dice ½ the onion and cut the other ½ into fine slices. Heat a small pan, spray with cooking spray and cook the diced onion for 2–3 mins until softened.
- Add the garlic, puy lentils and 225ml cold water. Bring to the boil, cover and gently simmer for 15–20 mins until the lentils are tender. Drain any excess water.
- Remove the lid, add ½ the balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 4–5 mins, stirring gently.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the sliced onion, feta, tomatoes and basil. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- To serve, mix in the rocket leaves, then toss with the olive oil and remaining vinegar and divide between 2 plates.