Veggie katsu rice bowl
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Tesco Ingredients Panko Breadcrumbs
Alpro Coconut Unsweetened Drink
125 g, shredded
Wholegrain Basmati Rice & Quinoa, Microwaveable
2 pouch(es), prepared as instructed
2 medium, echalion, thinly sliced into rounds
Rice Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. To make the pickled shallots, mix the shallots with the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt in a small bowl, then set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally, while you make the rest of the dish.
- In a small jug, whisk together the oil, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the turmeric. Put the aubergines into a large roasting tin, drizzle over the turmeric oil and toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes until the aubergine is charred at the edges and tender. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Put the panko breadcrumbs on a small baking tray and put in the oven alongside the aubergines for the last 2-3 minutes of roasting time – keep an eye on them to ensure they don’t burn.
- Put the coconut drink into a large pan and whisk in the remaining turmeric and the curry powder. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Add the kale to the pan with the sauce, cover and leave it on the heat for 30 seconds to start wilting, then remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice and quinoa to pack instructions. Stir into the pan of sauce and kale, along with half of the roasted aubergines. Season to taste.
- Divide between bowls, top with the remaining aubergine, scatter over the toasted breadcrumbs and coriander sprigs and serve with the pickled shallots.