You can still enjoy Indian food - tuck in to these tasty samosas.
- 260 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cut into dice
- 1 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 small Carrots, raw, finely chopped
- 1 small Onion(s), finely chopped
- 50 g Peas, fresh, boiled, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Coriander, Dried
- 1/4 teaspoons, level Chilli Powder
- 1/4 teaspoons Turmeric
- 1 teaspoons, chopped Garlic, puree
- 1 tablespoons Coriander, fresh, chopped fresh (or mint)
- 1 pinch Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 5 sheet(s), small Filo Pastry, thawed if frozen
Cook potatoes and carrot in boiling, salted water until tender - about 10 minutes. Drain and partially mash them.
Mist non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Add onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
Stir onion, peas, cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder, turmeric, garlic puree and fresh coriander or mint into potatoes and carrots. Season to taste. Cool completely.
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F. Mist baking sheets with spray cooking oil.
Cut filo pastry sheets into strips, measuring approximately 30 cm x 10 cm (12 inches x 4 inches).
Place a tablespoon of mixture at one end of a pastry strip. Fold over and over to make a triangle. Repeat to make 20 samosas.
Mist with cooking spray, place onto baking sheets and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden.