Tuna Pan Bagna
White French Stick
100 g, length of crusty baguette
Vinegar, All Types
2 teaspoons, balsamic
Peppers, All Types
Tuna in brine, drained
Olives, in Brine
3 individual, stoned, black or 10g capers
2 leaf/leaves, large, fresh
1 pinch, and black pepper, freshly ground
- Slit the bread in half lengthways and open out. Slice the tomato thinly and lay half on one piece of bread. Drizzle with the vinegar.
- Slice or chop the pepper and flake the tuna. Place both on top of the tomato and grind over some pepper.
- If using olives, slice these and lay on top (or use capers) along with the basil leaves, torn in shreds then finish with the remaining tomatoes and season to taste.
- Press the other bread half on top and wrap tightly in cling film so it is lightly squashed. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, unwrap and slice.