Bring some Thai cusine into your kitchen with this delicious green curry. It cooks in just 30 minutes, and is mild enough for the whole family to enjoy.
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 6 medium Shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 500 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, cut into chunks
- 5 stem Lemon Grass Stems, very finely chopped, or 2 tsp prepared lemongrass
- 2 teaspoons Root Ginger, or 2 tsp prepared ‘fresh’ ginger
- 400 ml Amoy Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), dissolved in 150ml hot water
- 4 teaspoons Curry paste, Thai green curry paste, mild
- 2 tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Coriander, fresh
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoons Black pepper
- 1 sprig(s) Coriander, fresh, to garnish
Heat a wok or large frying pan and mist with low fat cooking spray. Add the shallots, garlic and chicken and cook over a medium-high heat for 4 - 5 minutes, or until the chicken is sealed and browned.
Add the lemongrass, ginger, coconut milk, chicken stock and curry paste. Stir in the fish sauce or soy sauce and coriander. Simmer for 20 - 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced a little.
Season with salt and pepper, if needed.