Sweet spiced apple tart - spice pots
Plain White Flour
White Self Raising Flour
Low Fat Spread
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
3 medium, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Spice Pots Sweet Spice Blend
3 teaspoon(s), level
5 g, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Grease a 20cm (8") tart tin.
- Sift both the plain and self raising flours into a bowl. Add the sugar, rub in the low-fat spread and the beaten egg to bind (you may need to add a splash of water too). Knead the mixture, wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Alternatively mix all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Roll out the pastry to approximately 5mm thickness and press into the greased tin. Prick with a fork.
- For the filling, place 2 of the thinly sliced apples in a bowl and mix with the lemon juice, sugar and Sweet Spice. Spoon evenly into the pastry case.
- Use the remaining sliced apple to decorate the top of the tart in a spiral effect. Brush the apple slices with a little lemon juice and sprinkle over 1⁄2 teaspoon of Sweet Spice and a dusting of icing sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until firm.