- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Onion(s), peeled and sliced
- 160 g Brown Rice, dry, long grain
- 500 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw, (4 x 125g breasts)
- 2 medium Carrots, raw, peeled and thinly sliced in sticks
- 225 g Pineapple, can, chunks in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons, level Tomato Purèe
- 3 tablespoons Vinegar, All Types, malt
- 1 tablespoons Muscovado Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce, dark
Spray a frying pan with the low-fat cooking spray, add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes over a medium heat, until softened. Meanwhile cook the rice according to pack instructions, drain and rinse in hot water.
Cut the chicken into bite size chunks and add to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until golden on all sides.
Add the carrots, pineapple and juice, tomato puree, vinegar, sugar and soy sauce, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is tender. Serve immediately with the rice.