Vegetable & turkey linguine
White pasta, dry
250 g, linguine or spaghetti
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Turkey Rasher, grilled
200 g, grilled
Peas, fresh or frozen
Low Fat Soft Cheese
- Put the linguine or spaghetti into the saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water from the kettle. Cook for 8 minutes, or according to the packet instructions.
- At the same time, heat the frying pan and spray it with the cooking spray. Snip in the turkey rashers with a pair of scissors and cook them for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Finely slice the spring onions. Slice the courgette thinly, either in the food processor or by hand. Add the spring onions, courgette and peas to the spaghetti or linguine after it has cooked for 8 minutes. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the soft cheese and milk together, using a whisk or wooden spoon to give a smooth mixture. Snip the chives into the mixture with scissors and season with black pepper.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid from the pasta; then drain the pasta through the colander. Return the pasta to the saucepan with the reserved cooking liquid. Stir in the cheese mixture; then add the turkey rashers. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in warmed bowls or on plates.