SmartPoints® value per serving
12 hr 15 min
Nothing screams summer more than a classic Summer pudding, packed full of 'zero hero' summer fruits.
White bread, sliced
7 slice(s), thick, crusts removed and halved
300 g, hulled and halved
200 g, and other mixed berries, to serve
- Lightly oil a 1 litre pudding basin and line its base with greaseproof paper. Line the base and sides of the basin with bread, overlapping the halved slices as you go. Reserve some bread for the top.
- Place the fruit in a saucepan, add the sugar and heat gently for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the fruit begins to soften very slightly.
- Spoon the fruit and juice into the prepared basin, reserving any excess juice for pouring over when serving. Place the reserved slices of bread on top to cover and then place a saucer on top. Weigh down with tin cans or weights, and then chill in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, run a flat bladed knife along the sides of the pudding and carefully turn out on to a plate. Discard the greaseproof paper. Brush any white patches with the reserved juice. Top with the mixed berries and serve
- Cook's Tip: You can use prepared frozen berries in this pudding, which often works out cheaper, but top with freshly prepared.