Steak and chips with mustard mayo
- Total Time
Enjoy this juicy steak and chips dinner, perfect as a mid week meal.
Potato(es), Raw750 g
Polenta, Dry25 g, instant or semolina
Paprika1 teaspoons, level
Chilli Powder⅛ teaspoons, level, or to taste
Calorie controlled cooking spray5 spray(s)
Beef fillet steak, lean, raw560 g, 4 x 140g steaks
0% fat natural Greek yogurt4 tablespoons
Reduced Fat Mayonnaise1 tablespoons
Wholegrain Mustard2 teaspoons, level
Black pepper⅛ teaspoons, freshly ground
Tomato4 medium, to garnish
Parsley, fresh4 sprig(s), fresh, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with low fat cooking spray.
- Cut the potatoes into thin chips. Mix together the polenta or semolina, paprika and chilli powder. Toss the chips in this mixture and spread them out on the baking sheet. Spray with low fat cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes.
- Ten minutes before the chips are cooked, preheat a char grill pan or non-stick frying pan. Spray the steaks with low fat cooking spray. Char grill or dry fry them, turning once, for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Serve the steak and chips with the mustard mayo, garnished with tomatoes and parsley.