Speedy linguine carbonara
White pasta, dry
250 g, use spaghetti or linguine
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 clove(s), peeled and halved
Low Fat Soft Cheese
Egg, whole, raw
1 large, raw
15 g, finely grated
6 sprig(s), fresh
- Put the spaghetti or linguine in a a saucepan and cover with plenty of boiling water. Cok for 8-10 mins until just tender, or according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the spring onions and mushrooms. Spray a frying pan with the cooking spray and add the spring onion and mushrooms with the garlic. Cook gently for 5 mins, then discard the garlic clove.
- Beat the soft cheese and egg together in a mixing bowl, then add the skimmed milk and half the parmesan. Snip in parsley and season with black pepper.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the cooking liquid, then drain the pasta in a colander. Return the pasta to the pan with the cooking liquid. Stir in the egg mixture, then add the spring onions and mushrooms and snip in the ham.
- Heat gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring, until the egg mixture has cooked and thickened. Serve between 4 plates sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan