Spanish-style tuna steaks with chickpea salad
Red Wine Vinegar
1 teaspoons, level
1 clove(s), crushed
4 steak(s), medium
1 can(s), large, drained
White Wine Vinegar
- To make the marinade, put the olive oil, paprika, crushed garlic and red wine vinegar in a screw-top jar and shake well to combine.
- Pour the marinade into a shallow dish, large enough to hold the tuna steaks in a single layer. Add the tuna and turn to coat. Cover in cling film and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, pepper, onion and tomatos in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinegar and oil and season. Just before serving, toss the spinach leaves through chickpea mixture.
- Heat a griddle over a medium-high heat. Cook the tuna steaks for 2-3 minutes each side or until lightly charred and just cooked through.
- Serve the chickpea salad topped with the tuna steaks.