Smoky spatchcock chicken with griddled corn & chipotle yogurt
Whole Chicken, raw
1 medium, 1.5kg
1 teaspoons, level
1 teaspoons, level, smoked
1 medium, zest
Lime Juice, Fresh
½ teaspoons, sea salt
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Corn on the cob, raw
500 g, trimmed
0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- To spatchcock the chicken, lay it breast-side down on a board, then use kitchen scissors to cut along either side of the backbone. Remove the bone and discard. Turn the chicken over and, using the heel of your hand, press on the breastbone to flatten the chicken. Trim and discard any excess fat around the neck and legs.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, lime zest and sea salt, then rub the spice mixture over the chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick griddle pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken, skin-side down, for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas mark 6. Transfer the chicken, skinside up, to a large roasting tin. Roast for 20 minutes until cooked through. Cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, mist the corn and asparagus with cooking spray. Griddle the corn over a high heat for 8 minutes, turning, or until tender and lightly charred, then griddle the asparagus for 1-2 minutes on each side until just tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chipotle sauce and lime juice. Season to taste.
- Serve the chicken with the griddled veg, chipotle yogurt and lime wedges.