Perfect if you’re entertaining and there’s a handy video demo so you can get expert tuition on how to make them.
- 400 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cubed
- 400 g Salmon, raw, skinless
- 6 medium Spring Onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 1 zest(s) of 1 Lemon(s), finely grated
- 2 tablespoons Capers, in Brine, drained and chopped
- 1 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw, beaten
- 50 g Calorie Controlled Brown Bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray, For the Sauce:
- 25 g Watercress
- 50 g Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice, Fresh
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Dijon Mustard
- 2 portion(s) Salad (zero SmartPoints values), to serve
Place the potatoes in a pan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain well and mash. Meanwhile, place the salmon on a microwavable plate, cover with clingfilm and pierce. Cook in the microwave on high for 8 minutes. Allow to cool a little before flaking.
Add the salmon, spring onion, parsley, lemon zest and capers to the mash. Season well and combine. Shape into 8 fishcakes, dip in the beaten egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs. Chill for 10 minutes
To make the sauce, place all of the ingredients in a blender and whizz to combine. Season to taste.
Heat a non-stick pan, mist with cooking spray and add 4 of the fishcakes. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm while you cook the remaining fishcakes.
Serve 2 fishcakes per person with the watercress sauce and salad.