- 418 g Pink Salmon, canned, (1 can)
- 900 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and halved
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Leek, large, thinly sliced
- 150 ml Dry white wine
- 25 g Cornflour
- 450 ml Skimmed Milk
- 50 g Peas, fresh, boiled
- 1 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw, beaten
- 1 pinch Salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoons Black pepper
Drain the salmon, reserving the liquid. Discard the skin and bones, if wished. Use a fork to break the salmon into large chunks and set aside.
Par-boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then drain them and leave to cool. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
Heat a large saucepan and mist it with low fat cooking spray. Add the leek and cook gently for 2-3 minutes until softened. Stir in the wine and reserved salmon liquid. Blend the cornflour with 3-4 tablespoons of the milk, then add it to the saucepan with the rest of the milk. Bring up to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Add the peas and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the sauce mixture between four individual baking dishes. Arrange the salmon chunks over the top.
Coarsely grate the par-boiled potatoes into a large bowl and stir in the beaten egg. Season. Divide evenly between the dishes to cover the surface. Season with a little extra black pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until piping hot and golden brown.
- Cook’s tip: If you like you can grill the pies to brown the topping.