Rosemary roast chicken and grapes
SmartPoints® value per serving
1 hr 25 min
1 hr 15 min
Roast Chicken, light meat, skinless
1 clove(s), minced
1 slice(s), whole
3 medium, peeled and roughly chopped
Grapes, Black or White
- Pre-heat your oven to 200c/180c fan/gas mark 5. Roughly chop the leaves of half the rosemary and mix with ½ tbsp of olive oil, garlic, and a good amount of freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Rub over the entire chicken and then place in a large roasting tin.
- Inside the cavity of the chicken, add the lemon, shallots, tarragon and remaining rosemary. Place the chicken in a large roasting tin and place in the oven. Roast for 30 mins.
- Whilst the chicken roasts, wash the grapes and dry them. Toss them in the remaining oil and season with more freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. Keep the grapes on small stalks as it will look great in the final dish and will also help keep the grapes together.
- After 30 mins, remove the chicken from the oven and arrange the grapes around it. Put back in the oven and roast for a further 40-45 mins, basting half way through. The chicken is done once juice runs clear from the thigh. If any of the grapes start to look too dark, remove from the oven until the final dish is finished.
- Once the chicken has roasted, remove from the oven and let rest for 15 mins. Serve with your choice of sides and the sticky, sweet grapes.