Roasted vegetable and tofu napoleon
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, red
1 medium, raw, peeled
450 g, extra firm
1 sprig(s), chopped
3 tablespoons, chopped
Lemon Juice, Fresh
2 tablespoons, fresh
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Slice onion in half and then cut each half into quarters. Slice aubergine, courgette (slice diagonally) and peppers into 1/4-inch slices. Slice tofu across into 8 slices, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place onions on one half of a baking sheet and peppers on other half. Place aubergine and courgette separately on second baking sheet. Coat tops of vegetables with cooking spray. Roast 15 minutes and then rotate baking sheets; roast 15 minutes more. Turn off oven and leave vegetables in oven to keep warm.
- Place rosemary, parsley and garlic in bowl of food processor. Add lemon juice and blend until smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes; set aside.
- Spread herb mixture onto both sides of each tofu slice. Coat a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place tofu in heated pan and brown both sides of tofu, about 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- To serve, place one slice of tofu on a plate. On top of tofu, stack one slice of aubergine, one slice of red pepper and one wedge of red onion; top with another slice of tofu and then top that with one slice each of yellow pepper and courgette, and another piece of red onion. Drizzle with remaining herb mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients.