Roasted pork with sage berry dressing
Calorie controlled cooking spray
2 medium, or large shallots, chopped
2 tablespoons, level, (or use fresh)
1¼ tablespoons, coarse
Pork Loin Steak, Lean, raw
100 g, fresh leaves
- Preheat oven to 190°C, 170°C, gas mark 5. Mist a grill pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl, combine cranberries and cider. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in medium frying pan over medium-low heat; cook onions and sage until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together bread crumbs, cranberry mixture and onion mixture.
- Place pork on cutting board. Cut loin in half almost, but not all the way, through. Open like a book so loin lies almost flat. Place spinach leaves over one half of loin. Place stuffing on top of spinach. 'Close' the other half of loin on top of 'filled' half and tie loin with cooking string to secure.
- Place pork on grill pan and roast until golden, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with foil; let stand for 10 minutes. Carve into 1-inch thick slices, remove string and serve.