Boost the flavour in this already tasty soup by chargrilling and peeling the peppers.
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 medium Onion(s), diced
- 1 medium Carrots, raw, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dried Mixed Herbs
- 3 medium Peppers, All Types, deseeded and sliced
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), chicken, to make 425ml stock (ensure gluten free)
- 2 can(s), large Tinned Tomatoes, 400g (14 oz) each
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 100 g Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
- 1 teaspoons Granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons Black pepper
In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic, stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add onion and carrot. Cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
Add herbes de Provence or dried mixed herbs, cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add peppers. Cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Note: You do not need to cook peppers if they are charred and peeled.
Add stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper, fromage frais and sugar. Purée in small batches; briefly reheat, then serve.