Whip up a batch of these light and fruity muffins. Recipe taken from Anthony Worrell Thompson's cookbook The Sweet Life.
- 200 g Plain White Flour
- 2 teaspoons, level Baking powder
- 8 tablespoons Artificial sweetener, Granulated (such as Splenda)
- 100 g Raspberries, frozen, briefly thawed
- 1 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
- 1 teaspoons, level Vanilla Extract
- 50 g Butter, melted
- 100 ml Semi Skimmed Milk
- 1 medium Banana(s), ripe, mashed
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Place 8 paper muffin cases into a muffin tray, or use squares of greaseproof paper.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sweetener and raspberries.
Beat together the egg, vanilla extract, melted butter and milk. Stir into the dry ingredients with the mashed banana until just combined. Avoid overmixing and do not beat. The mixture will be quite lumpy, but there should not be any traces of dry flour. Spoon into the paper cases.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.