Pumpkin, sage & mushroom lasagne
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 clove(s), crushed
750 g, (button and Shitake) thinly sliced
3 medium, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons, level, or fresh, chopped
Lasagne sheet, dry
1 pinch, and freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Peel and seed half of the pumpkin and cut into 2cm cubes. Remove the seeds from the remaining pumpkin.
- Spray a non-stick baking tray with low fat cooking spray. Place the unpeeled pumpkin on the baking tray, cut side down. Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes or until very soft. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low fat cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add half of the garlic. Cook, stirring for 10 seconds or until fragrant. Add cubed pumpkin and mushrooms and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine milk, shallots, remaining garlic and sage in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Cover and remove from heat.
- Scrape flesh from roasted pumpkin. Place in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher. Add milk mixture and mash to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spray a 24cm x 24cm square casserole dish with oil. Spoon 1/3 mashed pumpkin into base of casserole and spread. Top with 3 uncooked lasagna sheets. Spoon over 1/3 of mushroom and pumpkin mixture. Top with 1/3 mashed pumpkin. Repeat with two more layers, ending with remaining mashed pumpkin.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes. Divide into 6 pieces and serve immediately.