- 10 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium Apple(s), chopped
- 1 small Carrots, raw, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Root Ginger, fresh
- 450 g Pumpkin, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), make with 850ml of hot water, ensure gluten free
- 1/4 teaspoons, level Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons Parsley, fresh, chopped, to garnish
Heat the cooking spray in a large saucepan and sauté the onion, apple and carrot for 3 - 4 minutes, until softened. Add the ginger and stir well.
Add the pumpkin and stock to the saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently without a lid for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor and blend for 15 seconds, or until smooth. Return to the saucepan, reheat and season to taste with allspice or nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve, sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs.
- If you cannot find pumpkin, try using butternut squash instead.