Ideal as a starter, or served at a buffet for a slimline tasty dish.
- 24 individual, shelled King Prawns, Cooked
- 4 leaf/leaves, small Lettuce
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 55 g Premium White Bread, we used sourdough with crusts removed
- 1/4 individual Cucumber, diced
- 1 pinch Paprika, or sumak, to garnish
- 3 sprig(s), fresh Parsley, fresh, choppedFor the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons 0% fat natural Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Tomato ketchup
- 1 splash(es) Hot Pepper Sauce (Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce, dash of
- 1 teaspoons Lemon Juice, Fresh
First make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a medium size bowl. Next add the prawns and mix so all the prawns are coated in dressing.
Pick 12 nice sized gem leaves, wash and put aside.
Put a small frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Cut the bread into 5mm cubes and fry until golden and crispy then drain onto kitchen paper.
When ready to serve, assemble the gem cups by adding a teaspoon of diced cucumber to each leaf. Then add 2 prawns with a sprinkling of croutons and a pinch of paprika (or sumac) to each and garnish with the chopped parsley.