- 500 g Petits Pois, boiled, frozen
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), make up to 1.2 litres with hot water
- 10 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 clove(s) Garlic
- 10 medium Spring Onions, sliced (1cm in length)
- 300 g, uncooked Asda Risotto Arborio Rice
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/8 teaspoons Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 portion(s) Rocket, washed, 3 good handfuls
- 1 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoons, grated Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated, to garnish (optional)
Bring half the stock to the boil with half the peas and simmer for 5 minutes. In a food processor, blend well.
Add the remaining stock to this purée to give a pouring consistency.
Heat half the cooking spray in a heavy-based pan. Crush the garlic and add it to the pan. Add the spring onion and stir. Add the rice and stir for 2 minutes to coat it with spray. Add enough pea stock to cover the rice. Cook gently, stirring all the time. Add more stock as it is absorbed into the rice.
After approximately 10 minutes, add the remaining peas, some more stock and salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes stirring well. Throw in the rocket and stir until the leaves have wilted.
Add the remaining spray then add the parsley. Adjust the seasoning and serve piled into bowls. Add a sprinkling of Parmesan if desired.