When you're losing weight, soup is a lovely and light lunch option and works well as a snack.
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion(s), finely chopped
- 280 g Peas, fresh or frozen
- 500 ml Fresh Vegetable Stock, (ensure gluten free)
- 3 teaspoons, level Cornflour
- 100 g Spinach, (trimmed, washed)
- 2 teaspoons Mint, Fresh, finely chopped
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 3–5 minutes or until softened.
Add the peas and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Blend the cornflour and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl until smooth. Add the spinach, mint and cornflour mixture to the soup and simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts and the soup thickens.
Using a food processor, puree the soup until smooth. Return soup to the pan and stir over low heat until heated through. Serve seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper.