Fresh hot pancakes are a treat. Try a little maple syrup and some fresh blueberries for a healthy and delicious option.
- 125 g White Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Granulated sugar
- 1 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw, separated
- 1 pinch Salt
- 150 ml Skimmed Milk
- 10 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons, level Golden Syrup, Maple Syrup
- 150 g Blueberries
- 1 teaspoons, level Icing Sugar, for dusting
Mix together in a large bowl the flour, cinnamon and sugar. Make a well in the centre of the bowl.
Add the egg yolk and milk, and using a whisk, mix all together to a smooth batter. Wash the whisk (or use another) and beat the egg white in another bowl with a pinch of salt until forming white floppy peaks.
Using a large metal spoon, fold the egg whites into the flour mixture.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan until you can feel a good heat rising. Spray quickly and evenly with the low fat cooking spray.
Immediately spoon in half the batter as 4 small pancakes. When bubbles appear on the top of the foam, flip over using a flat palette knife and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove to a warmed plate. Make 4 more pancakes with the remaining mixture. Serve 2 pancakes per head with a spoon of maple syrup per serving and the blueberries on top.
- If you prefer, you could serve them dusted with a light sprinkling of sweetener.