Vegetable stock cube(s)
2 cube(s), chicken, dissolved in 1.2 litres boiling water
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 clove(s), crushed
1 large, chopped
1 medium, deseeded and chopped
Brown Rice, dry
350 g, brown or wild
225 g, rings
King Prawns, Raw
350 g, in shells
Roast Chicken, Mixed Meat, Skinless
350 g, skinless
2 tablespoons, chopped
1 tablespoons, juice
Petits Pois, boiled
50 g, or garden peas
1 pinch, and freshly ground pepper
- Add saffron strands to hot stock. Infuse for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a very large frying pan or wok. Spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onion and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add rice to frying pan or wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Pour in stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stirring well. Cook gently, without a lid, for about 20 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, stirring occasionally. Add a little extra liquid if needed.
- Season to taste, then serve.