Orecchiette with spinach pesto & prawns
White pasta, dry
170 g, orecchiette
King Prawns, Raw
16 individual, peeled and deveined
1 large, chopped
340 g, brushed clean and sliced
Peas, fresh or frozen
100 g, thawed
2 tablespoons, grated
60 g, baby leaf
30 g, roasted, unsalted
¼ zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
- To make the pesto, combine all the ingredients, except for the oil, in a small food processor. Pulse to chop, scraping down the sides with a spatula. Next, with the processor running, drizzle in the oil and whizz until combined. Season to taste and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions, then drain, reserving some of the cooking water. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp oil and the prawns, and cook for 4 minutes, until just pink. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add a little water if the onions start to stick.
- Add the mushrooms with the remaining oil and season well. Fry for 8-10 minutes, or until starting to turn golden. Add the pasta, peas, prawns and pesto to the frying pan and stir well to coat. Add a little of the reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce if you like.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with the Parmesan.