Mussels in Thai broth
Mussels weighed with Shells
Calorie controlled cooking spray
3 medium, finely chopped
2 clove(s), finely sliced
Lemon Grass Stems
1 stem, finely chopped
2 tablespoons, chopped
Chilli, Green or Red
1 individual, deseeded and finely sliced
Vegetable stock cube(s)
1 cube(s), vegetable, make up to 300ml (1/2 pint) with hot water
- Discard any mussels that are damaged or that remain open when tapped. Rinse them well, scraping off the 'beards'.
- Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Cook the shallots and garlic gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon grass to the saucepan with the coriander, chilli and stock. Simmer for 10 minutes without a lid.
- Add the mussels to the saucepan and cover with the lid. Steam for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time. Discard any mussels that fail to open.
- Share the mussels between four bowls, then serve with the liquid poured over.