- 750 g Mussels weighed with Shells
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 6 medium Spring Onions, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 100 ml Pernod, or
- 100 ml Vermouth, Sweet
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), make up to 100ml with hot water
Discard any mussels that are damaged or that remain open when tapped. Spray a large saucepan with low fat cooking spray. Add the spring onions and garlic and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
Add the parsley, Pernod (or Vermouth) and stock. Simmer for 5 minutes without a lid.
Tip the mussels into the saucepan and cover with the lid. Steam for 4-5 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time. Discard any mussels that fail to open, then share them between four bowls and serve with the liquid spooned over.