Mini egg brownie tart
SmartPoints® value per serving
Using WW brownie-style cake mix in this showstopper dessert keeps the SmartPoints® low without compromising on taste
Tesco Ready Rolled Light Shortcrust Pastry
Cadbury Mini Eggs
WW Brownie Style Cake Mix
6 portion(s), prepared
Egg, whole, raw
1 medium, raw
½ teaspoons, level
- Unroll the pastry and use it to line a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Trim the excess from the rim (you should have about 130g of pastry left over) and discard or wrap in clingfilm, chill and save to use in another recipe. Chill the pastry case for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Prick the base of the pastry case with a fork, then line with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and baking paper and bake for a further 8-10 minutes until golden all over. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Turn down the oven temperature to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas mark 4.
- Finely chop half the chocolate mini eggs. Set aside 6 of the remaining eggs and roughly chop the rest.
- Make up the brownie mix according to the pack instructions, using the egg, sunflower oil and 50ml water. Fold in the finely chopped mini eggs. Pour the mixture into the chilled pastry case and bake for 10 minutes. Scatter over the reserved mini eggs and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Leave the tart to cool, then dust with the icing sugar and cut into 12 to serve.
If you don't have baking beans, use uncooked rice or dried beans to blind bake your pastry