SmartPoints® value per serving
This sharp, fruity granita is a lovely way to finish a meal.
2 zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Bottle Green Sparkling Ginger & Lemongrass
- Put the caster sugar into a saucepan with 500ml water. Slowly bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Boil steadily (not too fiercely) for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice and lemongrass cordial.
- Pour into a freezer box and freeze for 1 hour until ice crystals start to form. Stir with a fork to break up the crystals, then return to the freezer. Repeat every 45 minutes or so, until the granita is frozen.
- Slice the pared lemon zest into very fine strips. Put them into a small saucepan with the caster sugar and 2 teaspoons of water. Heat until the sugar dissolves and the water evaporates, to leave sticky shreds of lemon zest.
- Spoon the granita into chilled glasses and serve, decorated with the lemon zest.