Enjoy these delicious muffins for an afternoon snack or lunchbox treat the kids will love.
- 190 g Plain White Flour, plain
- 165 g Caster Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons, level Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons, level Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 medium Lemon(s), zest of whole lemon
- 1 tablespoons, level Poppy Seeds
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
Place 12 muffin cup liners in muffin cups.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next four ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Stir in lemon rind and poppy seeds; make a well in centre of mixture. Combine buttermilk, butter, and egg; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3⁄4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
# Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Place on wire rack to cool completely.