- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 450 g Lamb Leg Steak, Lean, Boneless, raw, cut into chunks
- 2 large Onion(s), red, thinly sliced
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoons, level Coriander, Dried, 8 green cardamom pods, split open
- 600 g Sweet potato(es), raw, (1lb 5 oz), peeled and cut into large chunks
- 425 ml Fresh Vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoons Black pepper
Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark.
Spray a large flameproof casserole dish with low fat cooking spray. Heat, add lamb chunks and cook until browned. Add onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring, until softened.
Add ground coriander, cardamom pods and sweet potatoes. Pour in stock. Season.
Transfer to the oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until the meat is tender. Serve and enjoy! Cook’s tip: You could use lean shoulder of lamb instead of the leg steaks.