- 200 g Brown Rice, dry
- 400 g Smoked Haddock, cooked
- 4 medium, raw Egg, whole, raw
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 8 medium Spring Onions, , finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, , crushed
- 1 individual Chilli, Green or Red, , deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Root Ginger
- 2 g Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoons, level Cumin seeds, (optional)
- 100 g Peas, fresh or frozen, , thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, or coriander
- 1 g Black pepper, , freshly ground
Cook the brown rice in a saucepan of simmering water for 30-35 minutes, until tender.
At the same time, put the haddock into a large frying pan and cover with water. Simmer gently for 5-6 minutes. Drain, discard the skin and any bones, then flake the fish into large chunks.
Boil the eggs for 8-10 minutes. Cool in cold water, then shell them.
Heat a large frying pan or wok and spray with calorie controlled cooking spray. Gently fry the spring onions, garlic, chilli and ginger for 4-5 minutes. Drain the rice thoroughly and add to the frying pan with the curry powder, cumin and peas. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, then gently stir in the haddock and parsley or coriander. Season.
Serve, topped with quartered eggs, sprinkled with extra parsley or coriander.