Jewelled clementine pavlova
SmartPoints® value per serving
2 hr 25 min
This fruity pavlova makes a fabulous, yet light finale to any meal. The meringue can be made the day before and stored in an airtight tin or wrapped in clingfilm.
Egg white(s), raw
5 medium, or tangerines, peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 1/140°C/fan oven 120°C. Line a baking sheet with non stick baking parchment and draw a 30cm (12 inch) circle on it.
- In a large grease-free bowl and using a hand-held electric whisk, whip the egg whites until they hold their shape. Gradually add the sugar, whisking well until the egg whites are stiff and glossy.
- Spread the meringue in an even layer over the marked out circle.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours. The meringue is “dried out” rather than cooked at this low temperature. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape. Spread on top of the meringue. Arrange the clementine or tangerine slices on top and scatter with the pomegranate seeds.
Remember that egg whites will not whip if there is any trace of grease in the bowl or on the beaters (including egg yolk).