This easy one-pot meal is a perfect warming recipe for a cold night.
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 500 g Beef stewing steak, lean, raw, cut into chunks
- 1 large Onion(s), chopped
- 2 medium Carrots, raw, cut into chunks
- 2 medium Leek, sliced
- 1 1/2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), beef, make up to 700ml with hot water
- 400 g Potato(es), Raw, cut into chunks
- 50 g Peas, fresh or frozen, (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 pinch Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
Heat cooking spray in a large saucepan then add the stewing steak a little at a time, so that it sears and browns.
Add the onion, carrots, leeks and stock. Season with a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for 2 hours. Check the level of liquid occasionally adding more stock if needed.
When the meat is tender add the potatoes and cook them until tender – about 20 minutes. Stir the peas into the stew and cook gently for another 3-4 minutes. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.