Griddled courgette, pea & pesto frittata
Calorie controlled cooking spray
Egg, whole, raw
6 medium, raw
Medium Fat Soft Goat's Cheese
Peas, fresh or frozen
Reduced Fat Green Pesto
Salad (zero SmartPoints values)
- Lightly spritz a griddle pan with cooking spray, and place over a high heat. Griddle the courgette slices - in batches - for 1-2 minutes on each side until well charred. Set aside.
- In a large jug or bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, goats cheese, 2 tbsp pesto and plenty of seasoning. Stir through the peas.
- Lightly spritz a nonstick oven-proof frying pan with the cooking spray. Add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Lay half the courgettes on top of the shallots, then pour over the egg and pea mixture. Lay the remaining courgettes across the top then cook for 10-12 minutes, or until almost set. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium high.
- When the frittata is just beginning to set, pop it under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- To serve, allow to cool slightly then cut into 4 wedges. Garnish with a side salad and fresh dill.