Grace's cheeseboard pasta
Calorie controlled cooking spray
4 small, sliced
Light Brown Sugar
½ zest(s) of 1
20 g, panko
20 g, roughly chopped
White pasta, dry
100 g, Pappardelle
50 g, broken into small chunks
- Mist a medium nonstick pan with cooking spray and set the heat to medium-high. Stir-fry the onion for 5 minutes, until softened. Season to taste. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 15 minutes until the onions are soft, set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon zest and thyme to the breadcrumbs and toast for a couple of minutes in a small nonstick pan until lightly golden. Season well and set aside.
- Lightly toast the chopped walnuts in the same frying pan, then set aside.
- Cook the pasta to pack instructions. Drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water.
- Toss the pasta with most of the cheese and a little splash of reserved pasta cooking water and gently mix over a very low heat until the cheese has melted and a creamy sauce is coating the pasta.
- Add the caramelised onions to the cheesy pasta, mix and divide between two plates. Top with the toasted walnuts, reserved cheese and breadcrumbs.