Gnocchi with pancetta & blue cheese
PersonalPoints™ per serving
Crisp pancetta with soft gnocchi and peppery chicory, finished with the creamy richness of blue cheese
100 g, sliced
200 g, red, trimmed and quartered
2 clove(s), finely chopped
½ teaspoons, level
70 g, large stems removed
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and cook the pancetta over a medium heat, turning once, for 5 minutes or until crisp and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chicory to the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes, until it begins to turn golden and is just wilted. Stir in the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi for 2–3 minutes, according to pack instructions or until they begin to fl oat to the top of the pan. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Stir the cooked gnocchi into the chicory mixture, then add the watercress, the blue cheese and a little of the reserved cooking water.
- Season and serve topped with the crisp pancetta.