Fennel & sausage tagliatelle
White pasta, dry
250 g, tagliatelle
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 large, finely chopped
2 clove(s), crushed
HECK Chicken Italia Sausages
8 sausage(s), grilled
1 bulb(s), trimmed and finely sliced, fronds saved
2 teaspoons, level, plus extra to serve
½ zest(s) of 1
Lemon Juice, Fresh
Half Fat Crème Frâiche
4 tablespoons, level
10 sprig(s), fresh, chopped
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mist a large, deep, nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and cook the onion over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Slice open the sausages, add the meat to the pan and fry, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes. Add the fennel and chilli flakes to the sausage and onion mixture, and stir to combine.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 250ml of the cooking water.
- Add the lemon juice, crème fraîche and a splash of the reserved pasta water to the sausage mixture, stir well, then cook for 1 minute. Season to taste.
- Toss the pasta with the sausage and fennel sauce, adding a little more of the pasta water to loosen the sauce if it’s too thick.
- Divide the pasta between plates and scatter over the lemon zest, reserved fennel fronds, parsley and extra chilli flakes. Serve with the lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.