- 390 g Chick Peas, cooked, canned, rinsed and drained
- 40 g Onion(s), chopped
- 15 g Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons, level Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoons, level Coriander, Dried
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons, level Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tablespoons, level Plain White Flour, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Tahini paste (Sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoons Lemon Juice, Fresh, fresh
- 8 leaf/leaves, small Lettuce
- 4 medium White Pitta Bread
Combine chickpeas, onion, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and baking soda in a food processor or blender. Process until mixture is coarsely pureed and transfer to large bowl. Stir in flour; shape mixture into 4 patties and let stand for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 200ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 6.
Heat oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook until golden brown, flipping once, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pan to oven and bake 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together tahini, water and lemon juice in a small bowl.
To assemble sandwiches, place 2 lettuce leaves inside each pitta, add 1 falafel patty and drizzle with 1 tablespoon tahini dressing.