Easy vegetable soup
- Total Time
Enjoy this delicious soup, packed with lots of zero hero veg.
Vegetable stock cube(s)2 cube(s), ensure gluten free, dissolved in 1 litre hot water
Onion(s)1 medium, chopped
Red pepper(s)1 medium, chopped
Butternut Squash1 whole, small, chopped
Black pepper1 teaspoons
- Pour the vegetable stock into a large saucepan. Add all the chopped vegetables. Bring up to the boil, then cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Test with the point of a sharp knife, to check.
- Puree the soup with a hand-held stick blender, or transfer to a liquidizer and blend until smooth. Taste the soup, adding salt and pepper to season.
- Serve each portion sprinkled with chopped fresh herbs and a little more ground black pepper.
- Good vegetable combinations:
- Onion, leeks and mushrooms Leeks, broccoli and celery Carrots, onion and celery Cauliflower, onion and leeks