- 1 portion(s) Butternut Squash, peeled, de-seeded and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium Onion(s), quartered
- 2 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), vegetable, make up to 2 pints with hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, level Curry Powder
- 1 pinch Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoons Black pepper
- 2 medium Spring Onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 7/220°C/425°F. Place squash and onion in a large roasting pan or baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until squash is tender. Don't worry if some of the pieces get a bit browned - this will add to the roasted flavour of the soup.
Remove from oven. Tip into saucepan and add stock. Bring up to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes - do not pour hot soup directly into food processor, or you risk it exploding. Purée in batches in blender or food processor.
Toast curry powder in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes - be careful not to burn it. Stir into puréed soup. Season to taste and divide between six bowls. Garnish with spring onions and serve.