Whilst this is a warming soup for the winter months, you can also serve it on a balmy hot day really well chilled.
- 5 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 2 medium Leek, sliced finely
- 200 g Potato(es), Raw, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium Onion(s), chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoons, level Rosemary, Dried
- 1 cube(s) Vegetable stock cube(s), (make 1 pint)
- 300 ml Skimmed Milk
- 175 g Chicken breast, skinless, raw
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoons Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chives, Fresh, snipped
Spray a large saucepan with cooking spray and gently saute the leeks, potatoes and onion for 10 minutes or until softened.
Add the herbs, stock or water and chicken breast. Cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove the chicken and wrap it in foil. Transfer the soup to a liquidiser or food processor and blend for about 20 seconds, or until smooth. Return to the saucepan, stir in the milk and gently heat through, until piping hot. Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
Finely shred the chicken and divide between four warm soup bowls. Ladle the soup over the chicken and sprinkle with the chives.